We are a body of believers committed to worshiping and serving Jesus Christ. As a Southern Baptist Church, we join with like minded Christians in spreading the gospel around the world. Our slogan, “A Place for You”, is more than just a catchy phrase. We hope that it gives you insight into who we are.
Christ reached out to people of all ages and backgrounds and at our church we desire to do the same. That is why you will discover that our ministries are geared to various life stages and needs. That is why we have a place for everyone to study the Bible, fellowship together, and minister to others through numerous service opportunities.
We want you to be a part of the blessings of God in the life of our church. We will bring you updates often on just what is happening at our church and share the stories of how Christ is making a difference in the lives of people.
We the members of First Baptist Church of Midwest City, in loving obedience to God:
Commit ourselves to gather in worship and praise glorifying God.
- “Let them exalt him in the assembly of the people and praise him in the council of the elders.” Psalm 107:32
- “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25
Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to all people.
- “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:19-20
Teach the Bible enabling all people to become more Christ-like.
- “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
Minister to the needs of our church family, our community, and beyond.
- “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8